Davar Church E-News October 3, 2009
English Service: 11 :15AM - 1:15 PM
�gSent by the Holy Spirit�h No.7 Rev. Toru Asai
So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off. The two of them, sent on their way by the Holy Spirit, went down to Seleucia and sailed from there to Cyprus.
But Peter and John replied, �gJudge for yourselves whether it is right in God�fs sight to obey you rather than God. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard (Acts 4:119-20).�h
This Week's Memory Verse:
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved (Acts 4:12).
• 5th Winter Bible Camp �gWhat I have I give you!�h will be held on Dec. 28 - Jan. 1 at Camp Cedar Falls. Now accepting applications!
• Fall is the time of harvest. The Bible says, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." God is looking for workers who whould go out to the field to reap. Don't want to be one of them? Use our fliers. If you know good places where you can give out or place our fliers, please let us know.
• 20% OFF SALE for All Sermon CD Albums in the month of October! Don�ft miss this chance!
OPEN Gospel Tent
Handcrafts, T-shirts, etc. for your gifts
(1559 Howard St. Room M-11)
Next Week's Schedule
Sunday@4 (10/4): 4:00 PM
• Using the sermon drills, we review and explore some of the things we are learning on Saturdays.
• All Staff Meeting after Sunday@4
Wednesday (10/7) Bible Study on Exodus, 7:30 PM
Exodus 20 No.7 (9/30): The 8th commandment is, �gYou shall not steal.�h Everybody knows that it is bad to steal somebody else�fs possessions. But why is it bad? Is it bad only in terms of human relationships? We all know that things belong to somebody, and we should honor the ownership. Is that all? If so, that means that you too own something. And what do you do with what you own? There is an interesting parable Jesus spoke?the parable of the shrewd manager. This manager, who worked under a rich man, was accused of wasting his possessions. So before he was fired, he did something that was, we all say, �gvery bad!�h. But in the parable, the rich man commended this dishonest manager. What is this? And Jesus concludes the parable by saying, �gAnd if you have not been trustworthy with someone else�fs property, who will give you property of your own?�h Yes, this manager is the worst example of people who are not trustworthy with someone else�fs property! Here is the truth that is so difficult for us to understand. The Bible teaches us that everything that exists physically or spiritually belongs to God, and there is really nothing we can claim to be ours. If we possess something, that has been only entrusted to us so that we can manage it for his purposes. And the time will come for us to return everything that was entrusted to us. If we do not own anything, we shall surely not steal. Very interesting, isn�ft it?
Next Saturday Worship (10/10, 2nd):
Japanese From 9:00AM
English From 11:15AM
The Jesus asked, �gWhat is the Kingdom of God like? What shall I compare it to? It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his garden it grew and became a tree, and the birds of the air perched in its branches (Luke 13:18-19).�h
1. Carpool service is available for thoese who need it to attend any of church services. Please speak to one of our ushers. Our shuttle service is also available to pick you up at Allen Station (Metro Gold Line) 15 minutes prior to each service (8:45 AM and 11:00 AM) and drive you back from church at 2:30 PM on Saturdays.
2. If you wish to have private counseling with Pastor, or Pastor's wife, the fee is $20 per 30 minutes. This will be applied to counseling on the phone as well. You will need to make an appointment.
3. All sermons are recorded, and the audio CD's for these sermons are available for you to purchase every week. Please fill in the Sermon CD Request Form before 1:30 PM every Saturday at the back of the Sanctuary. Sermon CD's are $5.00 each, but $4.50 for the members. Saturday Sermon's CD's can be picked up on the same day at Audio/Projector Booth between 2:00 and 2:30 PM.
4. Please be aware that the parking lot right east and south of our sanctuary is closed after 7 PM every night. When you come to Wednesday Bible Studies and Sunday@5, please park your cars on the north side of the building or on Howard Street.
Enlarge the place of your tent,
Stretch your tent curtains wide,
Do not hold back;
Lengthen your cords,
strengthen your stakes.
For you will spread out to the right
and to the left;
Your descendants will dispossess nations
And settle in their desolate cities (Isaiah 54:2).